Monday, May 5, 2014

Struggles

       Currently in Divergent Tris is in initiation. During initiation she changed her name from Beatrice to Tris. Initiation is something dauntless does, where they say you chose us now its our turn to choose you. They go three stages and after each stage people get kicked out, in the end there will only be ten initiates, currently there is 21. If they don't get picked they will become factionless, which is everyones worse nightmare in their world.

        Tris is worried because she is the only abnegation transfer and hasn't experienced what most of the others have and she is really weak compared to them. She is struggling because she is putting herwself through a lot of physical pain, pain she has never experienced before. She keeps loosing part of her family in her mind by being different then how she she ever was. She got a tattoo which is frowned upon, she is showing more skin, she looked at herself in the mirror, and wore clothes they didnt wear. She is struggling with this because she doesnt want tot loose all of her family connections. I'm worried to see how initiation goes for her because I dont want her end up factionless.

3 comments:

  1. I am reading Divergent also, and I was also thinking about this during initiation. You did a good job explaining how you felt through the whole process, and I thought you added a lot of voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent read this book but i have heard great things about it and the movie. your post makes it sound interesting i might read it

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEEYY. okay soo I have never read this book I heard its reallllyyyy good. I like how you put your voice in it.

    ReplyDelete