Sunday, April 6, 2014

Why I Chose Divergent

A few weeks ago I went and saw Divergent with some friends. It was by far one of the best movies I've seen lately. I'm a Hunger Gmaes fanatic which is a big reason why I chose to see the movie and read the book. They both are a different type of society and make you think in a completely different way. You have to think more about survival and making big decisions which sometimes are life and death.

What makes me have the motivation to read and finish the book is how much the movie made me think, just makes me imagine how much I'll have to think with more details from the book. Also I don't nomally read long books and Divergent is a longer book than what I usually read. It being a longer book makes me want to get through it faster and it would be an accomplishment for me to not lose attention and read a longer book. I've only read one chapter at this point but so far it is as good or even better than I expected. I hope the more and more I read the better it gets.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you explained why you wanted to read Divergent even though you've already seen the movie. You're motivated and i wouldn't be motivated to read a book already after I saw the movie. I've read and seen the Hunger Games books and movies that have came out. I also like that you summarized what kind of society takes place in the books and movies. It also helps that you summarized the kind of society which can help people see if they would like Divergent based on the society.

    ReplyDelete